Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Tree

A real tree is a MUST in our home. Well, Jonny would disagree, but he's realized by now which fights to pick with me, and the tree just isn't worth the battle. The best part of our little Douglas Fir is the of a fresh scent that to me IS the smell of Christmas.



Green and blue and silver are probably my favorite colors, and they happen to make a great color scheme for a Christmas tree. The skirt is something I embroidered when I was thirteen, but recently decided to change the trim from a cheap gold tinsel looking border to an off-white lace. A few weeks ago I also replaced the matching gold embroidery with silver, even though I was getting "crazy person" looks from my husband and family. I know I'm a bit OCD, but gold just isn't my color.



Anyway, I love my tree. It will be a nice thing to gaze at when I'm up all hours of the night feeding a newborn baby girl next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment