Warning: this post may contain some bragging and gloating.
Chunky Charlie:
Our fat and happy little chunko is still fat and happy, but now add a large dose of SASSITUDE, and that's what you'll get from her at this ten month stage. She's crawling, communicating (and quite effectively for a babbler), and putting EVERYTHING in her mouth. A great majority of the day I see her gumming something, usually something very small from the floor (yuck)! I'm head over heels in love with this little girl. She brings so much bright energy to my life.
Mindful Max:
A few weeks ago, Max exclaimed to his uncle Elliott "I feel like a real boy today!" Yes, Max loves to watch Pinnochio, but it makes me think that he is a boy now, and not my baby anymore. As he grows up, I notice the little things that are truly and consistently Max, those traits that are a part of his personality, and not a passing stage or phase in his life.
He is observant and aware: he would rather sit back and watch others than jump right in and participate, and he is taking in everything that he observes. He is careful and is a perfectionist: this means that he is almost never dirty, injured, and all of his toys are in working order! He is gentle: I have never seen him hit or be aggressive towards anyone including Charlie. He understands hurt, and never wants to make another child sad. He is also full of hugs and squeezes these days. Max is smart and loves books: we could read books for hours. I let him turn the pages because he usually likes to stay on the page after I've finished reading it to take in every detail of the illustration.
For activities these days, Max keeps very busy playing games on my tablet. He knows how to navigate it better than I do! He LOVES to take walks and eat food. He really enjoys preschool and primary. And his favorite place to be is anywhere with Nana and Papa or Grandma and Grandpa. He is such a good boy, the love of my life, and he teaches me something every day.
Jack-of-all-trades Jonny:
On almost every given day of the week, Jonny gets a phone call from someone asking for medical, dental, or computer/technology advice. The guy seems to know a little bit about a lot of things (or rather, a lot about some important things that most people know little about). Ok, ok, most of those phone calls come from me.
What actually keeps him busy right now though is applying for residencies in maxillofacial surgery. He has been traveling a lot, interviewing and rotating at different programs. The rotations are weeks long and require that he be "on his game" the entire time because in a way he is being tested to see if he is a good fit for the program. It's been a stressful few months...hell, it's been a stressful seven years for the both of us! He is such a hard worker though, and the smartest guy I know! I'm so proud of him.
Manic Mom:
Yep, that's me. I feel like a single mom most of these days with Jonny so busy and gone. Not only do I feel like I'm running the show at home, but I've taken on a lot of "extras" like refinishing an entire set of dining chairs for my first refinishing project. Nightmare!
Anyway, you all get to hear enough about my life, so I'm not going to make this LONG blog post any longer. That's the latest news from the Brennan family!


omg charlie is the chunkiest, cutest girl ever! i want to squeeze both your kiddos so badly! and btw . . . any chance jonny might be going to a program in san antonio??? because we just found out that we're moving there in june! yikes. anyway, we need to catch up very soon! love you!
ReplyDelete