Sunday, February 6, 2011

January 2011

January, January...I wish I could say that we started this year refreshed and rejuvenated, ready to tackle a New Year...but this is not the case. It's been a rough and exhausting month, and I don't see things letting up anytime soon. BUT there have been a few funny and treasured moments that make all the hardships worth it!

Happy Moment Number 1:
Max's obsession with "contraptions" has sparked an interest in my breast pump. The dials, tubes, suctions, sounds...it's irresistible! I often walk into the living room and see this:


Strange - yes. Hilarious - yes. Adorable - also yes.

The following quote comes to mind:
Greg Focker: Oh, you can milk just about anything with nipples.
Jack Byrnes: I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

Happy Moment Number 2:
Charlie has put on a few pounds in the past few weeks, and I think most of them can be found in her cheeks. Even though Charlie has stepped up the cranky this month and is still not sleep long hours at night, those cheeks bring me much joy and grit! I could eat them up all day long!



Happy/Sad Moment Number 3: My baby brother Sean left for his mission to Mexico a few weeks ago. Since he is the baby of the family, this makes him the most adored sibling. Although I will miss being around his great sense of humor and easy going personality, I'm so proud of his decision to go on a mission. We spent his last few days playing a favorite family board game, Acquire, and blowing up liters of soda with Mentos. Sean, you will be missed!!!





Happy Moment Number 4: In January Jonny's mom, Pam, came to visit and help with Charlie. I love having her around...she is selfless and so loving. I'm lucky to have her friendship and help, and Max and Charlie are lucky to have her tender love as a grandmother. Jonny was gone on a dental mission to Mexico that same week, which was difficult taking care of Charlie being only a few weeks old, but he did a lot of good for a lot of people.

Hard Moments:
I've been sick most of the past month with some sort of stomach issue. It's been frustrating to be stuck in bed half of most days writhing in pain, feeling like I'm neglecting my children and being a burden on my husband; not to mention being unable to eat hardly any good food! It doesn't get more depressing for me when I can't enjoy a delicious chocolate chip cookie!!! Hopefully we'll get this issue under control soon. I've learned that life is about enduring and finding joy in the little things. The stress, sleep deprivation, and stomach pain has made this month hard, but I wouldn't trade my life, my family for anything.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, first off, I love that photo of you and Jonny on the sidebar. That is hilarious.

    Second, Charlie is the most squishy, delish little girl! Lucy was a fuss-bucket the first 3 months and really pushed me to my limits. But, soon after those first months, she turned into the happiest baby in the world. Hold tight, she'll grow out of it soon, I'm sure.

    And third, I'm so sorry you're having stomach problems. I had stomach problems for years and despite many trips to ER's and Dr.s, no one gave me any relief. Finally, in college I saw a specialist and he told me I had ulcers and "non-ulceric dyspepsia". I went on a medication for about 3 months and that helped me. I have since realized it was ALL because of stress. I can even feel some pain come on here and there if I'm getting to overwhelmed or anxious about something. So, my advice, try to simplify and relax and take a lot of baths. :)

    Brandon went on a chiropractic mission trip to El Salvador right after I had Lucy, too. It was an amazing trip for him, but I understand the sacrifice you're going through. Things will be easier. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany...thanks so much for your comment...I needed that! I do think I have some sort of ulcer problem...I've had it in the past but have been able to treat it. This time my meds aren't working, so we'll see. It's nice to know that there are people I can relate to. You've given me hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the picture of Max with the breast pump! Seriously and completely hilarious! You are such a trooper and have a wonderful outlook on it all! Love that lil girl! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to kiss those little cheeks!!!!

    how are you feeling now? i hope you're doing better . . . call me sometime you've got a minute.

    ReplyDelete