Thursday, March 5, 2009

The most dramatic season EVER on the Bachelor...

When you hear this during every episode of every season of the Bachelor and Bachelorette, it soon becomes a case of the boy who cried wolf. But THIS season of the Bachelor has finally proven to be the most dramatic season ever.

Jason, having proposed to Melissa at the end of the show, and breaking the heart of Molly during the final rose ceremony, decided that he had made the wrong decision six weeks later. So, on TV, he broke up with Melissa and asked for Molly to take him back.



Everytime I watch the Bachelor, Jonny proclaims his disgust in a show that "mocks the meaning of love and marriage." I wouldn't go that far, but it is somewhat ridiculous to assume that during an 8 week period one man can date 15 women and fall in love with one of them, propose, and be sure this is the one woman that he is meant to be with. It's hard enough to accomplish love and proposal while dating one person in 8 weeks, let alone splitting your time and attention between so many women. That said, I still enjoy the show and "getting my romance on" as I tell Jonny.

I was a little disgusted with how the whole thing went down. I really think Jason is a good guy, but I don't think it was right for him to break up with Melissa on television with millions watching, and then immediately afterward bring Molly on the show to ask her back.



What do you think of the show and this season's drama?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what I expect every year when I begin watching the Bachelor, knowing full-well that I will get hooked. I think I just got tired of Jason's victim complex. He acted like he couldn't have done things any differently. For instance, he didn't have to propose. Then, even if things didn't work out with Melissa, he didn't have to dump her to date Molly, and he definitely didn't have to blindside Melissa with the announcement in front of the cameras. (I don't believe for a second that he was required to by contract).
    Also, not that I'm obsessed but did you read the Jason/Melissa emails that got leaked? What a wuss! "Just so you know, I'm the victim of karma. I have a big cut on my leg." What a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I don't watch that show, I can still appreciate the drama... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't stand Molly! I LOVED Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree. i think the way jason handled it was SO lame, but on the other hand, i think melissa handled being broken up with on tv like a champ. she stood her ground, and even though you could tell she was hurt, she said all the right things. and i can't stand molly either. whatever jason.

    but i am so happy that jillian is going to be the new bachelorette! i loved her!

    ReplyDelete