Friday, November 6, 2009

All-Hallows-Even and a Prince of Thieves

Halloween (also spelled Hallowe'en) is an annual holiday celebrated on October 31. It has roots in the Celtic festival of Samhain and the Christian holy day of All Saints, but is today largely a secular celebration. The word Halloween is first attested in the 16th century and represents a Scots variant of the fuller All-Hallows-Even, that is, the night before All Hallows Day.



I think my new favorite holiday is Halloween. I loved planning and making Max's Robin Hood costume this year. Be prepared for next year, because the whole family might be decked out in some of my new gruesome designs.


3 comments:

  1. Max was beyond adorable as Robin Hood, Can't wait to see what comes next year. I love Halloween too.
    Love you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute costume, and so original! I'm sure his costume will be just as fantastic and unique next year!

    Oh, and you'll have to introduce me to the world of H&M when I find out the sex of our baby and can start *seriously* shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max is so lucky to have a creative mom! I love the white pumpkins too, by the way.
    Oh and Jonny's effort at a Halloween costume is also inspirational.

    ReplyDelete