Monday, October 12, 2009

One happy birthday gal.

For the past year, I've been hinting to Jonny that I really wanted to go to Disneyland for my birthday. It's been over a decade since I was last there and I really wanted to do something young and fun on my 29th birthday.

But as the months and days drew closer, Jonny started to make it very clear that going to Disneyland would be impossible. He said that there was no one to watch Max and that he had a lot of stuff to do for school. He even got mad at me one day when I was pushing the Disneyland trip and told me that he didn't even want to plan anything at all because anything he planned for my birthday would be a let down. I zipped my mouth shut from that day forward.

The night before my birthday, I went to bed, feeling a bit sad that I had nothing planned and no one to hang out with during the day. Then, at 1am I was suddenly awakened by the bright lights being turned on in our bedroom and some sheets of paper being shoved in my face. It took me a minute to come to, but after staring at the papers in front of me, I saw that they were tickets to Disneyland!! Jonny had succeeded in completely surprising me!

Jonny's brother came over at 2am to sleep at our house and take care of Max and Jonny and I took off so that we could get to Disneyland when the gates opened.

I truly had the best time reliving my childhood with Jonny. I will always remember my 29th birthday and the sacrifices of sleep, school work, time and money that Jonny made to make that day special for me.

Thank you so much Jonny, and thank you Elliott and Alisa for giving up your weekend for my birthday.





3 comments:

  1. I think you should convince Jonny to get you a season pass next year. My sis has one and apparently if you go to Disneyland on your birthday they give you the price of admission ($75ish) in the form of vouchers to spend at the park. What a steal, right? And how can Jonny turn that kind of deal down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know how much Jonny loves you. I mean planning a surprise birthday trip to Disneyland. Shocking! I was impressed by his planning. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome! i wish i had a bday surprise coming in 2 months!! i am not as lucky as you :) you look great too!

    Kaley

    ReplyDelete