Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Empanadas


For years now, Jonny has been telling me about empanadas, a dish he used to have on a regular basis when he was on a mission in Argentina. I have to say, when he first described them to me, they sounded gross. But I've been stewing on the idea of making them for about 4 years, and I think I've finally reasoned with myself that the ingredients might actually work together.

They are basically half pie shells stuffed with meat, lard, raisins, boiled eggs, and olives. I'm making them this Wednesday night, so I'll be back with an update. And if they are, in fact, delicious, I may even invite you over for a true Argentine treat!

Click here to view the recipe that I will be using.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the empanadas you make will be fantastic! If all else fails, I'm sure he'll be just as satisfied with the QT ones--I know he once called Elliott asking about them... Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds sick but I sure hope they are good! Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete